Responsible for the fabrication of countertops, bathroom vanities, fireplaces, and other projects of natural stone including marble, granite, porcelain, and quartz.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cutting, grind, shape, and polish various types of stone.
- Complete edge work and sink cut outs as required.
- Read, understand, and interpret shop fabrication drawings.
- Recognize and highlight and discrepancies or concerns to the manager immediately.
- Performs daily cleaning and maintenance.
- Supports where needed in all areas of fabrication shop.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least three years of fabrication experience.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including measurements.
- Ability to work to precise measurement – accuracy is essential.
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools.
- Working knowledge of products and solvents used for fabrication.
- Basic knowledge of stone and types and characteristics.
- Ability to work in an environment where constantly standing, exposed to wet and humid conditions and loud noise.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to speak Spanish is advantageous.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.