Fabricate and weld light gauge (18 – 24 ga.) ductwork and fittings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate (cut, roll, spot, bead) galvanized sheet metal fittings, including necessary layouts, requiring basic math skills, and well as attention to detail.
- Run and maintain sheet metal machines, including CNC seam welder, stitch welder, spiral pipe machine, and plasma cutter.
- MIG / TIG welding of light gauge material (18 Gauge – 24 Gauge).
- Clean and prepare components for shipment and stock finished materials.
- Operate material handling equipment (including forklift).
- Team player with ability to assist other shop employees, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Apprentice program graduate of either Welding or Metalworking or both and/or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- High school diploma.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge with welding / sheet metal operations.
- Working knowledge of equipment related to welding / sheet metal operations.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, and move about the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.