Responsible for performing duties required to secure accurate stock ordering and purchasing, inventory management, and deliveries. We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable, and technologically competent person to join their team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will create and keep track of purchase orders and inventory.
- Support the dispatcher by setting up deliveries for the following day and creating a daily route log for drivers.
- Answer all incoming calls to the department, answering deliveries, purchasing, and inventory questions.
- Weigh trucks with incoming and outgoing material. Process all received goods daily, ensuring the accuracy of the information on the daily log.
- Track and update materials produced and used daily using an excel spreadsheet to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Prepare, pack and label goods for shipment according to specifications and equipment characteristics using third-party vendors.
- Ensure a more cost-effective and efficient carrier is researched and selected.
- Distribute all incoming packages.
- Organize, maintain and clean the office area. Includes filing, labeling, and maintaining office supplies.
- Support daily forklift inspections.
- Will support office, yard, and warehouse team when required.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as they develop.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Two years of related experience.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication and math skills are a must.
- Experience in Excel, Microsoft Office, and Email is essential. Google Docs and Gmail are preferred.
- Able to use computers and related technology (tablets etc.) is essential to complete the job. Experience in online ordering preferred.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience is beneficial.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential as our business evolves.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Occasional out of state travel
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.