Maintaining the cleanliness of the facility and it’s ground by completing assigned cleaning tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Occasionally buff and polish floors.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- In season, remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas using snowplows, snow blowers and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Proven experience in related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines.
- Ability to lift heavy weights.
- Knowledge of cleaning products, how and when to use them.
- Time management skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.