- Setup and operate Escomatic Swiss screw machines to produce precision machined components, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, layouts control plans, and machining procedures.
- Assist with Esco production and maintenance activities to ensure high quality, efficient, and safe operations within and between departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and optical comparators.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials (i.e., coil stock) onto machines, adhering to all training/safety rules.
- Machine parts to blueprint and shop-floor traveler specifications.
- Monitor the operation and productivity of production equipment during machining process.
- Set up, adjust, and utilize basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation of tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Measure, examine, and test completed components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments (e.g., gages) and following SPC guidelines, as warranted.
- Maintain Escomatic screw machines and related equipment, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine the need for adjustments or repairs.
- Assist lead setup/operator in coordinating all Esco production and maintenance activities against production schedule to ensure high quality, efficient, and safe operations within and between departments.
- Assist in training and developing others with Esco setups and operations.
- Perform other duties, including production and maintenance related tasks, as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school, technical school, or GED graduate.
- Three years in machine shop environment, working in manufacturing, production, or technical position(s).
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to setup, operate, or quickly learn Escomatic screw machines.
- Knowledge and proficiency with inspection equipment (e.g., Micrometers, Indicating Micrometers, Profilometer, Roundness Gages, etc.).
- Willingness to work under the direction of lead setup/operator to coordinate operations and train others.
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Must understand and be proficient with basic shop math.
- Ability to hold tight tolerances.
- High mechanical aptitude, and willingness to learn trade skills.
- Experience reading blueprints.
- Physical ability to stand for eight hours per day.
- Critical thinking skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.