Construction workers are responsible for helping construction foremen, electricians, and carpenters with a variety of basic tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties assigned by the construction manager or foreman.
- Learn carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, and other specialized skills as required by the construction manager or foreman.
- Erect and break down scaffolding, ramps, etc. with attention to safety.
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures.
- Carry tools and materials or help set up equipment.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- General knowledge of construction is a plus.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to use / learn a variety of work tools.
- Able to work outside in all weather.
- Ability to work independently.
- Communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.