Responsible for common shipping duties (e.g., gather product and paperwork, pack and prepare for shipment), receiving functions (e.g., unload incoming material, count and perform basic inspection), as well as parts cleaning and final finishing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload and receive all incoming shipments. Inspect external packaging and notify shipper and/or delivery personnel of any apparent shipping damages and/or shortages.
- Sign for and verify all incoming deliveries against purchase orders and route to receiving inspection area.
- Supervise loading and unloading of all deliveries; assure compliance with workplace safety procedures.
- Clean and finish (tumble) parts for shipment/internal operations.
- Verify finished orders after final inspection, wrap/bag, package, and label parts for shipment.
- Enter shipment details / generate packing lists and certificates of compliance.
- Prepare weekly scheduled shipment reports.
- Prepare purchase orders for outside operations.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure on time deliveries.
- Handle expedited shipping requests.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Perform other shipping / receiving duties, secondary mfg. operations, and building / grounds maintenance activities, as requested.
- Some driving may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of high school education or GED.
- One year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and related hardware, and the ability to learn software programs related to warehouse operations (e.g. ERP software, Office 365).
- Skill and ability to operate forklifts, manual dollies, manual platform lifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and hand tools used in warehouse operations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to follow verbal instructions and use basic math.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and registration.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Forklift training certificate, desirable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.