Provides healthcare and personal care assistance to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist with patients’ personal care and hygiene, helping to go to the bathroom, bath and clean, housekeeping.
- Prepare and serve meals according to dietary needs.
- Assist patients’ mobile activity and comfort.
- Take and record patient’s vitals.
- Facilitate timely and individualized care to assigned patient.
- Assist medical staff with tasks, such as administering medication.
- Maintain and monitor bandages and dressing changes.
- Effectively communicate procedures and treatments to patients and family.
- Reports details of findings or patients’ request of any changes of physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Valid License Practical Nurse credential from Connecticut Department of Public Health
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES:
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift and move patients.
- Proven clinical skills and knowledge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.