Engage Staffing seeks to hire part-time servers for events held in a hotel ballroom.
Availability needed for evening hours and early morning hours. Steady weekend work during busy seasons. Previous experience necessary. Own transportation preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Interact with guests and team members in a positive, welcoming, and servant style.
- Report to work on time as scheduled wearing the proper uniform, including black non-slip shoes.
- Answer questions regarding food and service.
- Attend pre-function briefings.
- Complete any assigned work duties.
- Read a Banquet Event Order and know how to complete setup and breakdown based on information in the banquet order.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Set tables in assigned area including table complements that are cleaned and filled properly.
- Observe guests and respond to any additional requests.
- Clear plates, refresh beverages, and determine when meal has been completed.
- Assist in setting up buffet or break tables.
- Greet and serve guests as they arrive.
- Clear and reset tables as needed.
- Always notify the team leader before leaving the floor or banquet service area.
- Replenish supplies in the pantry.
- Employ “full hands in, full hands out” strategy to ensure efficiency.
- Follow “clean as you go” policy.
- Return supplies and equipment to proper storage areas.
- Due to the seasonal needs within the hospitality industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of the hotel business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org