Upholsterer / Industrial Sewer, Oxford, CT
Heavy duty sewing machine sewer, upholstery cutting make pattern .some foam work.
We will train also .
Aircraft Interior Refurbishment. Upholstery of Aircraft Interior items.
Make, repair, and replace upholstery for aircraft interiors using knowledge of fabrics and methods of upholstery. The right candidate will have the following skill sets:
1. Measures and cuts new covering material, using pattern and measuring and cutting instruments.
2. Operates sewing machine to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
3. Fits, installs, and secures material on workpiece, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
4. Adjusts or replaces webbing, padding, and springs and secures them in place.
5. Attaches binding or applies solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
6. Sews rips or tears in material, or creates tufting, using needle and thread.
7. Reads order and applies knowledge and experience with materials to determine type and amount of material required to cover workpiece.
8. Draws cutting lines on material following pattern, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencil, paint, or other method.
9. Attaches fasteners, grommets, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to cover or frame, using hand tools.
10. Examines upholstery to locate defects.
11. Removes covering, webbing, padding, and defective springs from workpiece, using hand tools.
12. Repairs frame of workpiece.
13. Stacks, aligns, and smoothes material on cutting table.
14. Drills or punches holes in material.
15. Designs upholstery cover patterns.
16. Maintains records of time required to perform each job.
17. Refinishes wood surfaces on upholstered or reupholstered furniture.