Food Production Worker
Cold Locker Processing
New Haven, CT
We are looking for Food Production Workers to work at a produce production facility, performing different tasks such as QA, product selection and processing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to process all types of produce in accurate and timely manner.
- Cutting sizing, cleaning, trimming, slicing, and sectioning for future processing and packaging. Meeting good yields while meeting customer specs.
- Inspect products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and follow written and oral directions in fast paced work environment. Over 50% of time spent communicating with co-workers and supervisors.
- Frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time in cold temperatures.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information in person.
- Average visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect product, or prepare machinery. Standing and walking 90% of the time.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs of force regularly lifting, carrying and moving product in production areas.
- Previous food production / prep experience preferred.
Position Hours Available:
8:00am – 4pm, Monday – Friday